What is politics?
Politics do not only make politicians. Everything that doesn’t happen in your apartment is politics. Because everything that happens in public (e.g. playgrounds, traffic, school, police) is regulated by politics.
* Incidentally, the word politics is derived from the Greek word POLIS (city) and meant the right of all citizens of a city to have a say in their fate.
Politics are mostly – but not only – made by adults. Politicians are people who are given certain tasks (offices) by the residents in an election (mayor, minister, etc.). Politicians are usually elected every four years. They represent the interests of the people. Of course, not only the adults belong to the people, but also children and young people. Children (or anyone under the age of 16) are not yet allowed to vote. (You can only vote for the Bundestag when you are 18.)
Politicians belong to different parties. In Germany there are many parties, but only a few are elected to parliaments, councils or committees and can have a say. By and large, the members of a party have common ideas as to which decisions are right for a city or a village, a federal state or for the whole of Germany.
The politicians who jointly decide in one place or one federal state or in the Bundestag often have different opinions. They discuss the different ideas and then vote. The proposal that receives the most votes is then carried out.
The world is made up of six continents: Africa, America, Asia, Europe, Oceania and Antarctica. But it was not always so. In the beginning of time, 200 or 540 million years ago, the Earth was formed by a single ‘supercontinent’ called Pangea. It slowly divided until it formed the pieces like the ones we know today and see on maps.
This division happened because of the movement of the tectonic plates, gigantic blocks that make up the outer solid layer of the planet. They are responsible for sustaining continents and oceans. Currently, the Earth is estimated to have 12 major tectonic plates and other smaller subplates.
The largest continent in the world is Asia, followed by American, African, Antarctic, European and Oceania. What separates the regions are the oceans, cases of the Pacific and Atlantic.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
The earth’s surface is built by moving plates. The action gains strength with the release of energy from the Earth’s crust, usually due to the shock between the tectonic plates, and is the cause of earthquakes and transient tremors. Depending on the intensity of this phenomenon, it can cause great destruction, with the possibility of even splitting a continent.
All movement on the surface is capable of affecting the oceans as well, causing so-called earthquakes (huge waves known as tsunamis). They are those that reach the continental areas causing chaos in the coastal cities. The continents bordering the Pacific Ocean and countries like Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, New Zealand, Haiti, the United States and Chile are the most threatened by earthquakes or tsunami.
Visit Countryaah for general characteristics of the Asian continent, the largest and most populous on the planet.
The Asian continent is the largest and most populous continent in the world. There are 4.3 billion inhabitants spread over 44.479.000 km² and 50 countries, also presenting the highest demographic densities (number of inhabitants per km²) on the planet. It is bathed by three oceans: on the east by the Pacific, on the north by the Arctic Glacier and on the south by the Indian Ocean. In its western portion, in addition to bordering Europe, it is also bordered by the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.
The Asian continent has a varied relief. Interestingly, it has the highest and lowest point on Earth, which are, respectively, Mount Everest (8,848m above sea level) and the Dead Sea (392m below sea level).
Everest, in fact, is part of a mountain range called the Himalayas, the result of the collision between two tectonic plates. There are also other relief groups of the same type, such as the Ural Mountains, the Zagros Mountains and several others. In addition, there are some plateaus and several deserts, the largest of which is the Gobi Desert in China.
The predominant climates are Siberian, Mediterranean, desert and monsoon. The latter occurs on the coast of India and occurs due to differences in atmospheric pressure between the mainland and the oceanic part close to the mainland, causing heavy rains and strong droughts alternately during the year.
Economically, the main countries in Asia are Japan and China. The latter, together with India, is the country that has registered the highest growth rates in the world. Russia also plays an important role not only economically but also politically, thanks to the fact that this country is the main heir to the extinct Soviet Union, inheriting a good part of its nuclear arsenal.
Despite this, the main point of political-military tension on the continent is the Middle East region, where territorial disputes between nations and the greed on the part of several countries for Oil (abundant in the region) have been generating several conflicts over the past years. Another point of tension is between North Korea and South Korea, two of counties that begin with letter K according to Trackaah.
From these general characteristics, we can see that Asia is truly the continent of contrasts, both in climate, in relief, in customs, religions and ethnicities.
The 50 countries with the highest inflation rate in the world
|Rank||Country||Inflation rate (%)|
|12||Jamaica (North America)||16.00|
|13||Sao Tome and Principe (Africa)||15.80|
|15||Costa Rica (North America)||15.00|
|18||Venezuela (South America)||12.60|
|22||Haiti (North America)||12.00|
|23||United Arab Emirates (Asia)||11.80|
|25||Suriname (South America)||11.40|
|28||Guatemala (North America)||11.00|
|33||Democratic Republic of the Congo (Africa)||10.00|
|35||Sri Lanka (Asia)||9.70|
|37||Nicaragua (North America)||9.40|
|38||Honduras (North America)||9.30|
|44||Argentina (South America)||8.60|
|Using a representative shopping basket, the inflation rate expresses the percentage by which prices have increased within a certain period of time. The inflation rate is therefore also a measure of the increase in the cost of living.|
- Russia Mining January 28, 2022 - The USSR occupies one of the very first places in the world for the copy and variety of its mineral resources. Most of these, it is true, belong to the… Read more
- Germany Figurative Arts in 19th Century January 21, 2022 - The Baroque period ends in Germany when throughout the rest of Europe an artistic tradition, which has taken place without interruption since antiquity, dissolves to start a new era caused… Read more
- Valparaíso, Chile in the 20th and 21st Centuries January 14, 2022 - Other names The Mapuche of the sector called it Aliamapu (in Mapudungún: alia mapu, 'burnt earth') surely in relation to its frequent forest fires. The monkeys called him Quintil ('deep bay').… Read more
- Belgium Prose January 7, 2022 - Abundant, rich in multiple aspects and brilliant accomplishments, prose dominates all literary production, including non-fiction and theater. In the sixties he appears in movement, between ditional in form but not… Read more
- West Bank, Palestine December 31, 2021 - West Bank, Cisjordan, English West Bank [west bæ ŋ k; "West Bank"], an area of around 5,655 km 2 west of the lower Jordan and the northern Dead Sea with… Read more
- Bremen, Germany Attractions December 24, 2021 - Bremen, city on both sides of the Weser, with (2019) 567 600 residents, forms together with Bremerhaven the federal state of Bremen. With the university, other colleges and many institutes,… Read more
- Sustainable Costa Rica Trips by Specialists December 17, 2021 - Colorful animal worlds, mystical jungle landscapes, centuries-old cultures, mighty volcanoes and dreamy beaches - all of this awaits you in Costa Rica. Neither nature lovers, sun worshipers nor connoisseurs will… Read more
- Uzbekistan Landmarks December 10, 2021 - Take a group tour through the Central Asian state of Uzbekistan! Explore this culturally rich country on a round trip, hike along the famous Silk Road, or visit the sights… Read more
- Sightseeing in Iceland December 3, 2021 - Iceland - the world's largest volcanic island! The lonely island in northwestern Europe is truly an experience in itself. This contrasting island between fire and ice offers extraordinary natural landscapes… Read more
- Aix-en-Provence, France November 26, 2021 - Welcome to the south of France The university town of Aix-en-Provence, called Aix by the residents for short, is located in the French region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and is considered… Read more