What is politics?
Politics do not only make politicians. Everything that doesn’t happen in your apartment is politics. Because everything that happens in public (e.g. playgrounds, traffic, school, police) is regulated by politics.
View Articles by Continent
* Incidentally, the word politics is derived from the Greek word POLIS (city) and meant the right of all citizens of a city to have a say in their fate.
Politics are mostly – but not only – made by adults. Politicians are people who are given certain tasks (offices) by the residents in an election (mayor, minister, etc.). Politicians are usually elected every four years. They represent the interests of the people. Of course, not only the adults belong to the people, but also children and young people. Children (or anyone under the age of 16) are not yet allowed to vote. (You can only vote for the Bundestag when you are 18.)
Politicians belong to different parties. In Germany there are many parties, but only a few are elected to parliaments, councils or committees and can have a say. By and large, the members of a party have common ideas as to which decisions are right for a city or a village, a federal state or for the whole of Germany.
The politicians who jointly decide in one place or one federal state or in the Bundestag often have different opinions. They discuss the different ideas and then vote. The proposal that receives the most votes is then carried out.
The world is made up of six continents: Africa, America, Asia, Europe, Oceania and Antarctica. But it was not always so. In the beginning of time, 200 or 540 million years ago, the Earth was formed by a single ‘supercontinent’ called Pangea. It slowly divided until it formed the pieces like the ones we know today and see on maps.
This division happened because of the movement of the tectonic plates, gigantic blocks that make up the outer solid layer of the planet. They are responsible for sustaining continents and oceans. Currently, the Earth is estimated to have 12 major tectonic plates and other smaller subplates.
The largest continent in the world is Asia, followed by American, African, Antarctic, European and Oceania. What separates the regions are the oceans, cases of the Pacific and Atlantic.
Alphabetical list of countries in Africa:
Alphabetical list of countries in Asia:
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe:
Alphabetical list of countries in Oceania:
Alphabetical list of countries in North and Central America:
Alphabetical list of countries in South America:
The earth’s surface is built by moving plates. The action gains strength with the release of energy from the Earth’s crust, usually due to the shock between the tectonic plates, and is the cause of earthquakes and transient tremors. Depending on the intensity of this phenomenon, it can cause great destruction, with the possibility of even splitting a continent.
All movement on the surface is capable of affecting the oceans as well, causing so-called earthquakes (huge waves known as tsunamis). They are those that reach the continental areas causing chaos in the coastal cities. The continents bordering the Pacific Ocean and countries like Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, New Zealand, Haiti, the United States and Chile are the most threatened by earthquakes or tsunami.
Visit Countryaah for general characteristics of the Asian continent, the largest and most populous on the planet.
The Asian continent is the largest and most populous continent in the world. There are 4.3 billion inhabitants spread over 44.479.000 km² and 50 countries, also presenting the highest demographic densities (number of inhabitants per km²) on the planet. It is bathed by three oceans: on the east by the Pacific, on the north by the Arctic Glacier and on the south by the Indian Ocean. In its western portion, in addition to bordering Europe, it is also bordered by the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.
The Asian continent has a varied relief. Interestingly, it has the highest and lowest point on Earth, which are, respectively, Mount Everest (8,848m above sea level) and the Dead Sea (392m below sea level).
Everest, in fact, is part of a mountain range called the Himalayas, the result of the collision between two tectonic plates. There are also other relief groups of the same type, such as the Ural Mountains, the Zagros Mountains and several others. In addition, there are some plateaus and several deserts, the largest of which is the Gobi Desert in China.
The predominant climates are Siberian, Mediterranean, desert and monsoon. The latter occurs on the coast of India and occurs due to differences in atmospheric pressure between the mainland and the oceanic part close to the mainland, causing heavy rains and strong droughts alternately during the year.
Economically, the main countries in Asia are Japan and China. The latter, together with India, is the country that has registered the highest growth rates in the world. Russia also plays an important role not only economically but also politically, thanks to the fact that this country is the main heir to the extinct Soviet Union, inheriting a good part of its nuclear arsenal.
Despite this, the main point of political-military tension on the continent is the Middle East region, where territorial disputes between nations and the greed on the part of several countries for Oil (abundant in the region) have been generating several conflicts over the past years. Another point of tension is between North Korea and South Korea, two of counties that begin with letter K according to Trackaah.
From these general characteristics, we can see that Asia is truly the continent of contrasts, both in climate, in relief, in customs, religions and ethnicities.
The 50 countries with the highest inflation rate in the world
|Rank||Country||Inflation rate (%)|
|12||Jamaica (North America)||16.00|
|13||Sao Tome and Principe (Africa)||15.80|
|15||Costa Rica (North America)||15.00|
|18||Venezuela (South America)||12.60|
|22||Haiti (North America)||12.00|
|23||United Arab Emirates (Asia)||11.80|
|25||Suriname (South America)||11.40|
|28||Guatemala (North America)||11.00|
|33||Democratic Republic of the Congo (Africa)||10.00|
|35||Sri Lanka (Asia)||9.70|
|37||Nicaragua (North America)||9.40|
|38||Honduras (North America)||9.30|
|44||Argentina (South America)||8.60|
|Using a representative shopping basket, the inflation rate expresses the percentage by which prices have increased within a certain period of time. The inflation rate is therefore also a measure of the increase in the cost of living.|
- Slavske, Ukraine December 30, 2022 - Slavske is a ski center in the village of the same name in the Lviv region, in the center of the Carpathians, in an ecologically clean corner of the Opir… Read more
- Baku, Azerbaijan December 23, 2022 - In the last century, it was called the Paris of the East, today, at the sight of Baku skyscrapers, Dubai comes to mind more and more — besides, both the… Read more
- State Route 86, 88 and 89 in Colorado December 16, 2022 - State Route 86 in Colorado SR-86 Get started Castle Rock End limon Length 61 mi Length 99 km Route Castle Rockfranktown Elizabeth Kiowa According to Ablogtophone, State Route 86, commonly… Read more
- Osaka, Japan December 9, 2022 - Osaka is the historical trading capital of Japan and, at present, one of the main industrial centers and largest ports of the country. The city is located on the same… Read more
- Washington: Evergreen State December 1, 2022 - Especially for the active and enterprising holidaymaker, this region is a perfect piece of America to explore extensively Washington is one of the states of the United States located in… Read more
- Gadara and Karak, Jordan November 25, 2022 - Gadara The city of Gadara (now Umm Qais) was once a significant cultural center of the country, and today it is known as the place where Jesus miraculously healed the… Read more
- Manama, Bahrain November 18, 2022 - According to wholevehicles, Manama is somewhat different from traditional Arab cities: here you can notice the influence of British culture. For example, local taxis are exact copies of London cabs,… Read more
- Sights of Lombardy, Italy November 11, 2022 - According to handbagpicks, the Lombardy region is located in northern Italy. Italians themselves refer to Lombardia when they talk about this fourth largest Italian region. Lombardy is one of the… Read more
- Landmarks of Bilbao, Spain November 4, 2022 - According to computerdo, Bilbao is located in the north of Spain in the Basque Country region. Delicious, because this region is known for its culinary delights. Here you eat tapas… Read more
- US 202 in Pennsylvania October 30, 2022 - US 202 Get started Elam End New Hope Length 56 mi Length 90 km Route DelawareElam Concordville Darlington Corners West Chester West Goshen Goshenville → Pottstown Morstein → Lancaster… Read more